- 1 ½ c oat flour (or 1 ¾ cup rolled oats finely ground)
- ½ c coconut flour
- ½ c sorghum flour
- ¼ c coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan Crystal salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tbsp guar gum
- 2 tbsp sunflower butter
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
FREE FROM: wheat/gluten, dairy, eggs, corn, soy, nightshades, nuts
CONTAINS: citrus, coconut
SERVES: 6 large scones or 12 small scones
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, salt, baking powder, and guar gum.
- Add sunflower butter, coconut milk, and lemon juice and mix until well combined.
- Stir in lemon zest and strawberries to evenly combine.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured surface. Form the dough into a flat circle, about 1 to 1 ¼” thick. (For small cones, divide the dough in half and make two circles.) Cut into 6 even triangles.
- Bake the scones on a parchment paper lined baking sheet for 17-20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm, or cool and store in the fridge or freezer.
Photo credit: Katherine Chase Photography