Roasted Eggplant Hummus with Vegetable Crudités
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Freshly ground pepper
- A selection of cut vegetables: carrots, cucumber, peppers, squash, zucchini
Common Food Allergens
FREE FROM: wheat/gluten, dairy, corn, soy, nut
CONTAINS: nightshades, citrus
- Eggplant: phytonutrients, fiber, vitamin B1
- Garlic: flavonoids, anti-viral
- Garbanzo beans: manganese, fiber
- Vegetables: fiber, vitamins, minerals
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place cubed eggplant and garlic cloves on a baking sheet. Coat lightly with olive oil and season with salt. Roast until the eggplant is tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a food processor or blender, combine roasted eggplant and garlic, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately with vegetables, or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.