Potato & Leek Frittata
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 medium red potatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large leek, sliced and well-rinsed
- 8 large eggs
- Himalayan Crystal Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- ¼ cup shredded Asiago cheese (optional)
Common Food Allergens
FREE FROM: wheat/gluten, corn, soy, nuts, citrus
CONTAINS: egg, dairy (optional), nightshades
- Eggs: complete protein
- Leeks: vitamin K, flavonoids
- Potatoes: vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin C
- In a large, ceramic or cast iron skillet with a lid, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden brown.
- Place sliced potatoes in the pan and add enough water to just cover. Season liberally with salt. Increase heat to high and bring water to a boil. Reduce heat and continue to cook uncovered for another 5-10 minutes, or until potatoes are soft when pierced. Drain off any remaining water.
- Add another 2 tbsp olive oil and the sliced leeks to the pan with the potatoes. Add a pinch of salt and sauté until the leek have soften and lightly caramelized.
- Preheat broiler on high and position oven rack about one-third of the way down from the broiler.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, salt, and pepper until light and fluffy. Add remaining tbsp of olive oil to the potato-leek mixture and increase heat to medium-high. Pour eggs evenly over the mixture, tilting or shaking the pan as necessary to ensure eggs are evenly distributed. Cover the pan and allow to cook about 5 minutes, or until bottom and edges of the eggs have set.
- Sprinkle cheese over eggs and transfer pan to the oven. Continue to cook another 5-7 minutes, or until eggs are fully set and top is a golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve immediately