Balsamic-Berry & Yogurt Parfait
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey or 1/8 tsp stevia
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup aged balsamic vinegar
Common Food Allergens
FREE FROM: wheat/gluten, eggs, corn, soy, nuts, nightshades
CONTAINS: dairy, citrus
- Yogurt: vitamin D, probiotics
- Lemon: vitamin C
- Berries: antioxidants, fiber
- Line a colander with several layers of cheesecloth and place into a bowl. Scoop yogurt into the colander and cover with plastic wrap. Place bowl into the refrigerator and allow the yogurt to drain for at least 2 hours, or up to 12 hours, depending on desired thickness.
- In a small saucepan, heat the balsamic vinegar over medium-high heat until it begins to boil. Reduce heat slightly and allow to simmer until the liquid has reduced by about half. Add frozen berries to the balsamic vinegar and continue to simmer another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the thickened yogurt in a medium dish and mix with honey or stevia and lemon zest. Top with balsamic-berry sauce and serve.