Avocado & Cantaloupe Fruit Salad
This post contains affiliate links.
One way to encourage healthy eating in your family is to get your kids involved in the kitchen. This Avocado & Cantaloupe Fruit Salad is so easy for kids of all ages to help make. And it’s a perfect snack or breakfast for the entire family!
FREE FROM: gluten, dairy, eggs, corn, soy, nightshades, nuts
- 1 cup dried oat groats, cooked according to directions and cooled
- 1 small cantaloupe, diced
- 2 cups grapes, halved
- 2 lemons, juiced
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 2 avocados
- Avocado: a superfood, high in monounsaturated fats and a multitude of vitamins and minerals
- Cantaloupe: very high in vitamin C and vitamin A, and is a good source of potassium, B vitamins, magnesium, and fiber
- Grapes: rich in phytonutrients, plant compounds that are thought to have health-protective qualities
- Lemon: citric acid, vitamin C, potassium
- In a large bowl, combine the chilled oat groats, cantaloupe, and grapes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, honey, and salt. Drizzle mixture over the fruit and oat mixture, stir to coat.
- Dice the avocados and add to the mixture. Stir gently to evenly distribute.
- Chill until ready to serve.